Highs have been in the 50's the past 2 days. We will have highs only in the 30's the next few days at the base of the mountain and only in the 20's up top. The best chances for accumulating snow will be 1-2 inches tonight and then maybe another inch or two Thursday night.
The weekend into early next week will be quiet as a cut-off low spins off the coast. The forecast models disagree on what it does next week. The some bring it inland to our North Monday with the next system diving in further South into Tahoe Wednesday. Others keep the storm off the coast until Wednesday before bringing it inland over Tahoe. Either way the next chance for light snow looks to be the middle of next week.
Then it looks like we could see another system towards the end of next week. The storm later next week has the potential to bring a decent shot of snow so we have to keep an eye on that.
Looking at the long-range pattern the teleconnection forecasts suggest the storm door stays open but it's April and the jet stream is weakening and retracting North. We could see some more unsettled weather and hard to predict cut-off storms later in the month to finish off the season. BA